The Good & Bad of Los Barriles
- Prices for real estate are about 50% cheaper than in Cabo San Lucas,
or San Jose Del Cabo. This extreme difference will not last. We believe
Los Barriles is a good investment at this time.
- People are very friendly and the town isn't turistic like Cabo San Lucas
and San Jose Del Cabo.
- The Sea of Cortes is calmer then the Pacific ocean. This makes fishing,
snorkeling, and scuba diving a lot more pleasant. In Cabo San Lucas and
San Jose Del Cabo swimming can be very dangerous.
- There are no high-rise hotels.
- Incredible fishing.
- Extremely low crime rate.
- It is quieter and more peaceful.
- The locals are welcoming to newcomers.
- There is an excellent school system.
- Two new golf courses are coming.
- You can buy organic fruits and vegetables.
- There is a good medical clinic with highly qualified doctors.
- Los Barriles is one of the premier kite boarding and windsurfing
destinations in the world. We believe prices will continue to rise as a
result of the increasing popularity of kite boarding. When Hood River,
Oregon became a popular windsurfing spot, real estate prices there skyrocketed.
- Los Barriles has an ample supply of water.
- You are only 50 minutes from the Los Cabos Airport.
- La Paz is only an hour and a half away.
Note: Complete and very useful information can be found at
- Most of the homes are located on dirt streets which can be bumpy and dusty.
- In the winter, there are a lot of windy days.
- There are only a couple of high-end restaurants.
- It's an hour and a half drive to get to Costco, Home Depot and Wal-Mart.
- It gets hotter in the summer than the Pacific coast towns.
- The town shuts down about 10 p.m. There is not much nightlife.
- If you love shopping, you have to drive to Cabo San Lucas or San Jose Del Cabo.
- Most gringo leave for the summer, although a few diehards do stay.