El Cardonal and surrounding areas - DUMP / GARBAGE NOTICE
March 4th, 2021
NOTE THAT THIS INITIATIVE HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND IS NO LONGER CURRENT
Dear homeowners & residents,
Starting March 5th 2021, the El Cardonal sub-Delegation in coordination with the Los Barriles Delegation (El Cardonal reports to Los Barriles) and Los Barriles police department, have implemented a "dump management" process due to the lack of control and increased amount of garbage in the area.
Attached is the official letter released which in summary states:
- There is a lack of control of how things are dumped
- There will now be a controlled access to the dump
- There will be a controlled schedule to access the dump
- There will be new CHARGE to be able to unload trash or garbage which will depend on the vehicle size:
a) 12 sq. meters dump loads = $200 pesos
b) 7 sq. meters dump loads = $150 pesos
c) Large pick up trucks, trailers, etc. = $100 pesos
d) Standard or small vehicles = $50 pesos
- These charges will fund the security person and have a fund to use a machine (e.g. backhoe) to arrange the dump as needed.
- There will be a gate with a padlock controlled by the security person.
- Security person will provide a payment receipt and will also let know the people where to unload their cargo.
- Apart from these new dump rates, a new initiative with the police, neighbor watch groups, etc., will take place to report any person or company dumping loads on the "arroyos", which is illegal.
- Any person or company caught dumping at the arroyos or public areas will be fined with $8,500 pesos
We are wishing all of you a safe and Happy New Year!
At your convenience, please inform your workers, crews, companies about this change.